Watershed Conservation Authority
Home Page
Contact Us
About Us
Our Governing Board
Our Plans

LCWA logo

LCWA logo

 Home Page


Watershed Conservation Authority (WCA) proposes to adopt a Mitigated Negative Declaration for the Walnut Creek Habitat and Open Space Project. Such Mitigated Negative Declaration is based on the finding that, by implementing the identified mitigation measures, the project’s potential significant adverse impacts will be reduced to a less than significant level. The reasons to support such a finding are documented by an Initial Study prepared by the Watershed Conservation Authority.

A public review period in being conducted beginning May 12, 2015 and ending June 10, 2015. Public comments are encouraged. All comments must be submitted in writing and received by the City of San Dimas no later than 5:00 p.m. on June 10, 2015. For additional information about public comments, please the Notice of Intent, linked below.

Copies of the Initial Study, the proposed Mitigated Negative Declaration, and supporting materials are linked below and available for review at the following locations:

Watershed Conservation Authority
100 N. Old San Gabriel Canyon Boulevard, Azusa, California 91702

City of San Dimas Planning Division
245 E. Bonita Avenue, San Dimas, California 91773

Public Meetings:
A community meeting, hosted by the City of San Dimas Parks & Recreation Commission, will be held on May 19, 2015, 6:00 PM, at the City of San Dimas City Hall, Council Chambers, located at 245 E. Bonita Avenue, San Dimas, California, to allow the community to provide public comments during the review process.

Consideration of the Initial Study/Mitigated Negative Declaration by the City of San Dimas City Council is scheduled to take place on June 23, 2015, 7:00 PM at the City of San Dimas City Hall, Council Chambers, located at 245 E. Bonita Avenue, San Dimas, California.

Consideration of adoption of the Initial Study/Mitigated Negative Declaration by the Watershed Conservation Authority is scheduled to take place on July 16, 2015, 1:30 PM at the Garvey Community Center, 9108 Garvey Avenue, Rosemead, California.


The Watershed Conservation Authority (WCA) is requesting proposals from qualified entities to provide services for funding opportunities for the WCA. The purpose of the WCA includes providing for a comprehensive program to expand and improve the open space and recreational opportunities for the conservation, restoration, and environmental enhancement of the San Gabriel and Lower Los Angeles Rivers Watershed. The objective of this solicitation is to select a qualified consultant to provide funding opportunities for the WCA. Further information is available by clicking the following link. Note: the deadline for submittal is 3:00 pm, May 18, 2015.


Public meetings of the Watershed Conservation Authority are scheduled to be held eight months each year. Click on Next Meeting and Previous Meeting to find details of those meetings.


Plans have been or are being developed for five areas. Click here for a brief overview of all five areas, or click on the following plan titles for more complete information:


Ranger services for properties owned and managed by the Watershed Conservation Authority (WCA) are provided by the Mountains Recreation & Conservation Authority (MRCA). As such, rules and regulations for WCA properties, and the prescribed punishment for violation thereof, are established in the MRCA Park Ordinance (26 page pdf file).
      If you have received a citation from an MRCA Ranger on WCA property and have specific questions or comments, please contact the MRCA directly at their toll-free citation information line, (877) 847-2338, Monday-Friday between 7:00 am and 3:00 pm or visit their Frequently Asked Questions page.


Some uses on WCA property require a Special Use Permit. Criteria that necessitate an application for a  Special Use Permit include:

  • Access to publicly closed areas or properties
  • Commercial filming activities
  • Commercial still picture activities
  • Events with 20 or more people expected
  • Live music entertainment
  • Weddings, quinceaneras, or other ceremonies
  • Fee collection (donations, admissions, concession, or merchandise sales)
  • Vehicular traffic interference and/or closing of interior roads and/or adjacent public streets
  • Use of amenities other than their specified recreational use
  • Any aviation ascent or descent into a WCA property

Click on the following titles to download the documents — all are pdf files:

If you are not sure if a Special Use Permit is required for a use that you are considering, or if you have other questions relating to Special Use Permits, contact the WCA at (626) 815-1019. Please be prepared with a description of the property and specific locations for use, so that we can direct you to the appropriate property manager.
      Any person using WCA property for a use that includes any of the above mentioned criteria must have the original signed Special Use Permit in their possession and shall display such permit at the request of any employee of the WCA or of the Mountains Recreation and Conservation Authority, or any peace officer.  No person shall violate any term, condition, or limitation of any such permit.

Back to Top of Page