REQUESTS FOR PROPOSALS
1) The Watershed Conservation Authority (WCA) is requesting proposals from qualified entities to provide services for funding opportunities for the WCA. The purpose of the WCA includes providing for a comprehensive program to expand and improve the open space and recreational opportunities for the conservation, restoration, and environmental enhancement of the San Gabriel and Lower Los Angeles Rivers Watershed. The objective of this solicitation is to select a qualified consultant to provide funding opportunities for the WCA. Further information is available by clicking the following link. Note: the deadline for submittal is 3:00 pm, May 18, 2015.
- Provide Services for Funding Opportunities [29 page, 1 MB PDF file]
2) The Watershed Conservation Authority (WCA) is requesting proposals from qualified firms to provide services in the an areas of janitorial, property maintenance, and facility maintenance. Further information is available by clicking the links below. Note: the deadline for submittal is 3:00 pm, April 28, 2015
BOARD MEETINGSPublic meetings of the Watershed Conservation Authority are scheduled to be held eight months each year. Click on Next Meeting and Previous Meeting to find details of those meetings.
Plans have been or are being developed for five areas. Click here for a brief overview of all five areas, or click on the following plan titles for more complete information:
- Azusa River Wilderness Park
- Duck Farm
- Parque Dos Rios
- Walnut Creek Habitat & Open Space Project
- Whittier Narrows Recreation Area
Ranger services for properties owned and managed by the Watershed Conservation Authority (WCA) are provided by the Mountains Recreation & Conservation Authority (MRCA). As such, rules and regulations for WCA properties, and the prescribed punishment for violation thereof, are established in the MRCA Park Ordinance (26 page pdf file).
If you have received a citation from an MRCA Ranger on WCA property and have specific questions or comments, please contact the MRCA directly at their toll-free citation information line, (877) 847-2338, Monday-Friday between 7:00 am and 3:00 pm or visit their Frequently Asked Questions page.
Some uses on WCA property require a Special Use Permit. Criteria that necessitate an application for a Special Use Permit include:
- Access to publicly closed areas or properties
- Commercial filming activities
- Commercial still picture activities
- Events with 20 or more people expected
- Live music entertainment
- Weddings, quinceaneras, or other ceremonies
- Fee collection (donations, admissions, concession, or merchandise sales)
- Vehicular traffic interference and/or closing of interior roads and/or adjacent public streets
- Use of amenities other than their specified recreational use
- Any aviation ascent or descent into a WCA property
Click on the following titles to download the documents — all are pdf files:
If you are not sure if a Special Use Permit is required for a use that you are considering, or if you have other questions relating to Special Use Permits, contact the WCA at (626) 815-1019. Please be prepared with a description of the property and specific locations for use, so that we can direct you to the appropriate property manager.
Any person using WCA property for a use that includes any of the above mentioned criteria must have the original signed Special Use Permit in their possession and shall display such permit at the request of any employee of the WCA or of the Mountains Recreation and Conservation Authority, or any peace officer. No person shall violate any term, condition, or limitation of any such permit.